Items 1-36 of 135
Items 1-36 of 135
Make your own jewellery from scratch with rocaille seed beads
Rocaille seed beads are first and foremost ideal for making homemade jewellery. When you make your own jewellery from scratch, you can choose your own design and colour scheme. You can therefore customise it to suit your own wishes, or as a gift for someone special.
Before you start making your own jewellery, it may be a good idea to draw one or more sketches of possible designs, based on the recipient’s specific wishes and preferences, for example. In addition, please note the following before ordering your glass beads:
- Colour choice - you can choose glass beads in all the colours of the rainbow. We offer packs of unicolour beads, as well as so-called colour mix packs that allow you to mix and match colours. The beads are available in both matte and metallic colours according to your style. You can also make different motifs out of our glass beads, such as flowers that can form part of a bracelet.
- Hole size - it is extremely important to be aware of the hole size stated in the individual product description. The hole size must match the string or leather band you wish to use for your jewellery. If you already have string at home that you would like to use, you can measure the diameter of it and order your rocaille seed beads accordingly.
At Creativ Company, we love all kinds of DIY projects that allow for peace and reflection. With glass beads, you receive all the prerequisites to enjoy making your own jewellery. On our webshop you will also find a large selection of beautiful leather string and leather bands that you can use as a string. In addition, we also sell other beads and charms that you can use to spice up your glass bead jewellery.
In addition to regular string jewellery, you can also make woven jewellery using our rocaille seed beads, which can be woven between two pieces of cotton string. This woven piece of jewellery is ideal as a gift.
DIY projects using glass beads for older children and adults
Many children find inner peace and contemplation when working with beads. However, rocaille seed beads, like the ones on this page, are primarily suitable for older children, as they require very fine motor skills and focus. But for slightly older children – and adults too for that matter – there can be plenty of joy to be had by making DIY projects using glass beads. These projects do not necessarily need to include jewellery making.
- Bead frames - the beautiful glass beads on a string can be a nice frame around a picture in a scrapbook, on a birthday card, or on an invitation. The bead frame can also be tied around an invitation. The pretty glass beads can either be glued into place or placed on a string for a unique decoration.
- Figures and drawings - during holidays, such as Christmas and Easter, which typically offer a lot of cutting and pasting projects, glass beads can be used as pretty decorative details in e.g. an Easter egg made from cardboard, bunting, and the like. The beads can easily be glued by using the right glue, which you can also find here in our webshop.
- Jewellery box - if you have a flair for papier-mâché, you can use a day to start making your very own jewellery box. A jewellery box made of papier-mâché is easy to make and then paint and decorate using our selection of beautiful glass beads. You can easily make your jewellery box out of wood or other materials if you wish and have the right equipment at hand.
- Decorations - there is something special about glass beads, which makes them perfect for all types of decorations. For example, you can use them as table decorations in the form of a homemade napkin holder made from pearl cord, a place card decorated with rocaille seed beads, or a nice invitation for your guests. However, there are also alternative ways for using glass beads for decorations. You can also try spicing up some natural materials, such as cones or spruce, with colourful beads that can add a new lease of life to the classic Christmas decoration.
If you would like to purchase glass beads for your younger children, it may be better to order rocaille seed beads with a larger hole size, as this makes it easier to work with them when making e.g. jewellery.
Use our glass beads for homemade gifts
When using glass beads, you can do much more than just make jewellery, if you're hoping to give a personal gift to someone special. For example, you could make the following from of our beautiful beads:
- Toiletry bag - you can sew your very own toiletry bag according to any patterns and colours you like. You can then decorate it with colourful rocaille seed beads that can be used as trim all the way around,, or as patterns on the textile.
- A purse or pencil case - the same procedure can be used when you make your own purse or a pencil case with glass beads. It may even be a great idea to weave a beautiful bead charm using rocaille seed beads.
- Key rings - in a few simple steps, you can make your own key ring in materials, such as faux leather paper, which you can then decorate with colourful beads. For example, you can write the recipient’s name, a lucky number, or other motifs with glass beads if you have the courage and time to throw yourself into a larger DIY project.
Browse our catalogues of ideas for inspiration
At Creativ Company, we love to be creative, which is why we also want to share all our good ideas with you. That’s why we regularly publish catalogues of ideas, in which you can find inspiration for new and exciting DIY projects – including with our rocaille seed beads. Many of our catalogues are inspired by seasons and holidays, so there is something new to start on all year round, so you can create many exciting projects with our large selection of glass beads.
Looking for a specific type of glass beads? Or do you have questions about a specific product? You are always welcome to contact us so that we can help you.
Remember that we deliver our beautiful rocaille seed beads nationwide within 4-6 business days.